September 10, 2014 by NowhereButPop
Most (good) musicians are weird by nature; after all, they kinda have to be a little offbeat in order to write down their feelings and publicize it for everyone to hear. Some musicians are weird (David Bowie, Prince, Bob Dylan), others are borderline insane (George Clinton, Fiona Apple, Keith Moon). Below are the 10 most puzzling things said by my own personal favorites. After reading this list, you should fully understand why I have no idols.
10) “Time is a mind construct. It’s not real.”
9) “I want to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King, and John Lennon…but I want to stay alive”
8) “One thing that people don’t know about me? I get sued way more often than I sue anyone else.”
7) “Your basic person wants to talk about material culture, and internet culture. I think about God, cats, and nature.”
6) “My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”
5) “Rock and menopause do not mix. It’s just not good.”
4) “I don’t mind being a grandfather; I’ve been a mother for so many years.”
3) “I was eating in a Chinese restaurant downtown, there was a dish called ‘Mother and Child Reunion’; it’s chicken and eggs, and I said ‘I gotta use that one’.”
2) “Mick Jagger is the only man I’ve ever seriously wanted to fuck.”
1) “Sometimes I’ll get an erection…and I’ll see that erection as my enemy.”
Arranged in no particular order, these are just a few of the most amusing things that my favorite musicians have said. I’m sure there’s a lot more to go around.
 Or they’re just really shrewd and Machiavellian by capitalizing on any thought or feeling that comes to mind.
 Keep in mind that I could construct a list three times as long filled with only Prince quotes.